I can't count how many times I've made broccoli soup, but this is the first time I post one. This recipe is adapted from taste.com.au. This definitely is the most healthy soup ever. You can click on the link to get the nutritional information :)
Below is my adapted recipe
Broccoli Spinach and Potato Soup
Cooking time : 45 mins (from preparation to cleaning up)
Serve : 1 normal family size
2 tbs olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cups (500ml) water + 1/2 cube of chicken bouillon
3 medium (to small) potatoes
350 gram broccoli, cut the florets (and the stem too)
a handful of spinach, cut the root, chop the rest
100 gram yogurt (the original recipe called for sour cream, but I only got yogurt in the fridge. And please, do not omit this one, because this sour thing really enhances the flavor)
dash of Italian seasoning
salt and pepper, taste as you go.
1. Heat a saucepan over medium heat, pour the olive oil.
2. Add onion and stir for 5 mins or until soft. Add garlic for 1 min, careful not to burn them.
3. Add potato and broccoli, stir over, add stock. Bring to boil and cover for 8-10mins or until the potato are tender.
4. Add spinach and allow to wilt about 1 min.
5. Add italian seasoning, salt and pepper, taste and cool it down before blending.
6. Blend the soup until smooth. Transfer back to the saucepan, and cook over medium heat for about 2 mins. If you wanna serve it right away : divide soup to the bowls, add yogurt on top. Combine as you eat.
The original recipe also called for basil pesto, too bad I didn't have it on hand. But I believe it will bring the soup to a higher level!